WELCOME TO ADOBE PHOTOSHOP
How to use the Clone Stamp Tool
by Sal Calabrese
In this Article we will change the water to reflect the sky using the
Clone stamp tool. In my last article I added a better sky to enhanced the photo.
Now we will clone the sky to the water to make the photo look more realistic.
1. Select the Clone stamp tool.
2. Adjust size of Clone stamp. You can do this by the bracket keys
or by the options
bar below the Photoshop menu bar.
3. In the Layers Palette, Make a duplicate layer by clicking and draging the background
layer into the" make a new layer icon." This will make a new layer called
background copy above the background layer. Select the background copy layer.
4. Click on the sky while holding down the alt key to the area of the
sky that you want to clone to the water.
5. Click and drag on the water and you will be cloning the sky to the water.
You will see a plus sign in the sky to show you where you are cloning from.
You can do this in small steps so that you don't clone anything
but the sky. Each time you stop cloning you should reselect the
area of the sky while holding the alt key.
6. When the water looks like the sky you can adjust the opacity to your
liking. The opacity slider is in the layers palette at the top.
The water now reflects the sky. You can use the opacity slider
to adjust how light or dark you want your image to look.